Friday, October 14, 2011

California Trip Day 6 & 7

     Ah ... finally, I can take out my shorts, Tank tops and flip flops. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Unfortunately, because of late night events and some locations having crappy internet access, I haven't been able to post regularly. I will try to get up to date before leaving for Vegas in a few days. Meanwhile, here are days 6 & 7

Day 6

     It was rainy and dreary all day, but we made the best of it with a bit of shopping. Luckily, before leaving for this trip, I had found out that one of my favorite Authors (I have a few), Becca Fitzpatrick, was doing a book signing a mile away from the hotel along with authors Simone Elkeles, Michelle Hodkin and Moira Young. So, I brought my HUSH HUSH and CRESENDO novels by Becca with me and purchased her newly released novel SILENCE at the signing. I also purchased Simone Elkeles’s CHAIN REACTION, Michelle Hodkin’s THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER and Moria Young’s BLOOD RED ROAD. I got to meet with all of the authors and have my books signed.

Me and Becca Fitzpatrick
Moira Young, Me and Michelle Hodkin
Simone Elkeles and Me
     I also got an extra copy of SILENCE by Becca Fitzpatrick and had it signed. You all know what that means ... when I get back I will have another book giveaway, so stay tuned.

     After having a late supper we called it a night, knowing that we had an early morning and a long drive ahead of us.

Day 7

     Welcome to Hollywood.

     Wow!! I’m in Hollywood right now.

     We left San Francisco at around 7 AM and drove down towards Modesto California where Laci Peterson and her unborn son Conner where killed by their sociopathic husband/father Scott Peterson. This was a case that I studied in college in my Law Clerk Criminal Law Class. It was a big story at the time and studying the ins and outs of this case, this tragedy stuck with me ever since. I wanted to drive through the town where it all happened as my way of paying respects to Laci and Conner.

     We then headed west and followed the coast down to Los Angeles. The Coastal route, although longer was totally worth it. The views were spectacular, and the beaches were beautiful. Once we hit Hollywood the traffic near the hotel was hectic. We were stuck in traffic 2 minutes from our hotel after an 11 hour drive only to find out that about a block away, Journey was playing at the Hollywood Bowl.

That's all I have time for for now ... I will recap Day 8 & 9 later.

1 comment: